Our Summer Fellowship Program draws on talented, inquisitive and entrepreneurial graduate-level students who are working towards a degree in a field related to international development or business administration. Selected Summer Fellows go through an on-boarding process (either virtual or in person) to provide an in-depth look at the organization, the clients with whom they will be working, and the activities and objectives to be achieved during the summer. After the on-boarding, fellows are placed for 2 months in the field with one of IMAGO’s partner organizations. The work with each organization will be built around particular challenges in their scale up process. It ranges from developing research knowledge products that provide insight on their processes and theory of change, to market analyses and product testing, etc. Fellows are matched with organizations based on their skill set, fit with the organization, and personal interest. Most of the organizations we currently work with are located in South Asia, Latin America and the United States. After their respective fieldwork fellows debrief and celebrate their experiences either in DC or Cambridge, depending on the cohort. Some fellows join virtually.
Below is a map of IMAGO's clients. Read more about our clients here.
- Current graduate-level student or recent graduate
- Background in Economics or Business
- Data management skills
- Experience living or working in a developing country
- Experience working with communities or social enterprises is highly desirable
- Commitment to working with the poor to help them become agents of their own destiny
Terms and Logistics
- IMAGO does not provide economic compensation, but strongly encourage students to apply for grants to cover travel and living expenses. IMAGO will support these applications with documentation, letters, etc. as needed.
- Our partner organizations usually help Fellows navigate the field logistics like finding housing, etc.
The application for the IMAGO Fellowship is open between December 16th 2019 and February 5th 2020.
- First round: send your CV and a statement of purpose detailing why are you interested in working with IMAGO, as well as the top 2 organizations you would be interested in as a possible placement (from our active clients). The statement of purpose should not be more than 500 words.
- Second round: Virtual interview with Johanan Rivera.
- Third round: Final Interview with Isabel Guerrero.
All applications should be send to Johanan Rivera: email@example.com with the subject line: IMAGO Summer Fellowship 2020, Name of applicant.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org